Winter is a busy time for many businesses, and with the winter storms that are impacting the Bay Area there is increased need for cleaning and maintenance. If you\’re responsible for maintaining a clean and organized office, here are some tips to help you get the job done during the winter months:
- Start with the lobby: Just like at home, the entryway to your office is the first thing that gets dirty in the winter, as it\’s where people remove their coats and is exposed to the elements. Make sure to sweep or mop this area regularly to keep it clean and tidy. You might also consider placing a doormat or rug outside the door to help catch dirt and moisture before it enters your office.
- Tackle the restrooms: The restrooms are another area of the office that gets a lot of use in the winter. This can lead to increased humidity and the growth of mold and mildew. Make sure to clean and disinfect your office restrooms regularly, including the shower, sink, and toilet.
- Keep on top of trash and recycling: With more people in the office during the winter, you\’ll likely be generating more trash and recycling. Make sure to empty these bins regularly to keep your office looking and smelling fresh.
- Clean and declutter regularly: It\’s easy for clutter to accumulate in the office during the winter when people are spending more time at work. Make sure to declutter regularly and to clean surfaces and floors to keep your office looking and feeling fresh.
- Don\’t forget the windows: Cold temperatures can make it difficult to clean your office windows in the winter, but it\’s important to keep them clean to let in natural light and to keep your office looking bright and welcoming. Use a window cleaning solution and a squeegee to remove dirt and grime from your windows. Also, winter rain can expose leaks and crevices that let unwanted rain in. Have a professional inspect your window seals.
During the winter months, it\’s especially important to focus on preventing the spread of germs in the office. Cold and flu season is in full swing, and people are more likely to get sick when they spend more time indoors. To help prevent the spread of germs in your office, consider doing the following:
- Encourage your employees to wash their hands regularly and to use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not possible.
- Provide tissues and encourage people to cover their mouth and nose when they cough or sneeze.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, keyboards, and phones regularly.
- Consider providing hand sanitizer or disinfectant wipes for employees to use at their desks.
- Encourage employees to stay home if they are feeling sick to help prevent the spread of illness in the office.
By following these tips, you can help prevent the spread of germs in your office during the winter months and keep your employees healthy and productive.